You Said, We Did
You Said, We Did
The Co-operative Academies Trust surveys all the parents in its eight academies nationwide every year. In total 12% of parents replied. Here’s what our parents at the Co-operative Academy of Stoke-on-Trent said about us:
The things that you strongly agreed with were:sideration
• My child is well looked after / safe place to learn
• Academy has high expectations for my child
• Proud my child is connected to academy
• Child understands how to improve
• Would recommend to other parents
• My child is happy at CAS
• If I have a concern I know who to contact
The things that we needed to improve were:
• Academy advises how I can help child’s learning at home
• Awareness of Governing Body / education reforms
• Clear when homework is set / due
• Sufficient opportunities to be involved with the academy
• Communication / response to concerns raised / kept up to date
Overall 85% would recommend or strongly recommend the Academy to others with 10% undecided, we have maintained the high figure from 2015.
We have restructured our regular communication with parents from half termly newsletters and updates to a fortnightly regular newsletter which is emailed to parents and put on our website. The governors have started to include periodic updates about their work
We have restructured the pastoral system so that each student in a form group of children with students in his/her own year. There is a designated form tutor and year manager for ease of contact.
We have invested in SIMS InTouch, a programme which now instantly notifies them via email if their son or daughter of fantastic effort at the Academy or whether there is a detention. Please ensure that the Academy has an up to date email address and/or mobile number for you.
We have reviewed our Key Stage 3 homework policy which launched in September 2016. The principles behind it are that on top of English and maths work, there are a series of projects that students can work on throughout the year.
Our website has been updated with additional supportive material and we have bought into online packages such as Doodle and Mathswatch which have instructional videos on how the students can help themselves and how you can support them.
The next survey will take place in January 2017 – we hope that you will take part!